SALVATION FOR SURE
I. MANY ARE NOT SURE.
1. Are you Sure you’re Saved? *The Bible says you can be Sure! “That if you confess with you mouth the Lord Jesus & believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Rom.10:9)
1) You must confess (surrender to) Jesus as Lord (Boss) of your life!
2) You must believe Jesus died, was buried, & rose from the dead as the payment for your sins.
3) Salvation is Surrendering your life to God & Trusting Him to Save you.
2. Are you sure you’re Surrendered to living to please God over your own desires? If you’re not sure, don’t guess about this eternally important issue. Make sure by considering what God’s Word says.
3. How can you be Sure of your Salvation?
1) The Bible says most are not saved. “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate & broad is the way that leads to destruction, & there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate & difficult is the way that leads to life, & there are few who find it.” (Matt.7:13-14)
2) The Bible says how to be sure you’re saved. “Therefore by their fruits you will know them. Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.” (Matt.7:20-21) *Only as you Surrender to Jesus as LORD & strive to live by His Word, can you be sure.
II. HOW TO BECOME SURE.
1. It’s not saying “Jesus is Lord” that Saves, it’s Surrendering to “Jesus as Lord” that Saves.
2. Only as you Surrender to “Jesus as Lord” (Boss), does Jesus Change you & give you the Desire to Live by His Word. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” (2 Cor.5:17).
3. Living by His Word is your only Assurance that you are Saved. Jesus said, “If you abide in (live by) My Word, you are my disciple indeed.” (John 8:31)
4. Why should God save you, until you are willing to Surrender to Him & live for Him? According to Matthew 7:13-14 most people are headed to destruction (Hell) and only a few, comparatively speaking, are headed to life (eternal life). God isn’t trying to scare us, He’s trying to inform us. We need to Surrender to Him to be Saved.
5. Are you willing to Surrender to “Jesus as Lord” (Boss) of your life?
If you’re willing to Surrender, Pray from the bottom of your heart, “Jesus, I Surrender to You as my Lord (Boss) & Trust You to Save me!”
*If you prayed this prayer in your heart you will be able to tell that Jesus has Saved you. You will have a New Desire to Live for Him, instead of your self. You have become a new person in Christ. Now that you have made that life changing decision we invite you to come to Bible Community Church & worship Him.